For optimal phosphorus uptake
Fruit & Vegetables
Fosfix® is a biological fertiliser for improving the phosphorus nutrition of plants. Fosfix® contains Bacillus megaterium bacteria that actively secrete organic acids dissolving lowsolubility (bound to calcium, magnesium, iron, aluminium) phosphates and releasing phosphorus which can then be assimilated by plants. These bacteria also secrete bioactive substances that stimulate the growth and development of plants.
Working in a wide range of soil pH (5.5 – 8), Fosfix® is recommended for use in both low and high phosphorus soils to increase the amount of plant available phosphorus and to increase the efficiency of phosphorus fertilisers. Irish soils have significant reserves of phosphorus which can be released with the use of Fosfix®. This will enable a reduction in the use of purchased phosphorus fertilisers.
For Arable Farmers, the following product combination should be considered:
- Arable B – Fosfix & Bacto-K(Autumn); Bio-Boost & Azofix (Spring);
- Arable C – Fosfix & Bacto-K(Autumn); Bio-Boost & Azofix (Spring) & Plant Pro (GS 20 – 30 & GS51 – 60)
- Releases phosphorus from soil reserves
- Enhances bioactivity of the soil
- Improves assimilation of mineral phosphatic fertilisers
- Stimulates development and growth of plant root system
- Improves assimilation of other macro and micro elements
10 Ltr plastic drum
20 Ltr plastic drum
Can be mixed with pesticides or fertilisers unless otherwise indicated on the manufacturer’s labelling.
Get in touch with us to order your product today.
Application Rate and Timing:
Maximise contact with soil. Soil Temperature – Minimum 5°C; Minimum pH 5.5, avoid waterlogged or excessively dry soils.
It is best to spray onto the soil after sowing or within 2 weeks after sowing.
Apply with crop sprayer or through slurry tank onto low covers once soil temperatures reach a minimum of 5°C in late March / early April. A second application is possible in August / September.